Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day

I hate snow.  Sure, I enjoy a nice day off as much as the next person (and probably just a little more), but after several consecutive days...I am ready to tear my skin off.  Anyone who says they love snow has obviously never had to shovel their own driveway.  They have never been held hostage by the likes of Judge Judy, Joe Brown, Marilyn Whatsherface, and finally...Dr Oz.  They have never eaten 6 bowls of cereal, because that is all they have in the house.  Anytime I hear someone say "Oh I hope it snows!" or any variation of such, I want to throat punch the moron. 

I have said it before and I will say it again: I have never missed out on anything because it was too sunny.  Ever.  I have never said, "Yeah, sorry, I can't.  I can't back my car down my driveway because it is too hot."  I don't feel the least bit guilty about missing work.  Maybe if my job was even remotely fulfilling, I might.  But, it isn't and I don't care what happens at that Hellhole while I'm not there.  I have a coworker who will come to work no matter the natural disaster and then tries to make me feel guilty for laying out.  WHATEVER.  She is wasting her time.  I think her concept of loyalty is retarded, and my car and my own safety is worth way more to me than that crappy job.  And what they don't know is, I will likely go in tomorrow (Wednesday), but then will be taking Thursday off (job interview). 

If I had a large snow shovel, I would get out there right now, while it is still soft, and shovel tracks down my driveway.  I would then back my car out, go to McDonald's and get a hotcakes/sausage breakfast.  Next would be a stop at the Redbox.  Then, into Walgreen's for some fresh magazines and maybe some new nail polish.  Oh, and a pack of smokes.  That's right, smokes.  I quit, true enough, and I am wearing my nicotine patch...but there is something about being cooped up that makes me want to smoke a cigarette as long as a telephone pole.  Any other day, it really isn't that bad.  I would also buy some canned chili.  On the way home, I would stop at the library and get a couple of books ("Staying True" is at the top of my list).  Returning home with my loot, I eat my McD's breakfast and settle into the corner of my couch with my media.  After dozing off for a while, I would make some chili and a grilled cheese and then settle back into the corner of my couch with my media.  Rinse and repeat all day.

Too bad I don't have a snow shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment