Friday, March 26, 2010

Working Hard or Hardly Working

I am on furlough from my servitude.  Actually, things seem to be looking up on the dad recovery front; therefore, it's back to the business at hand.  OH MY GOD I HAVE LOST MY JOB NOW WHAT THE FECK AM I GOING TO DO?????????????????  I think I mentioned in an early post that I am a class member of a "community leadership" group here in West Tennessee.  Yeah, so, I am not planning to lead anyone in the near future (I have always been more of a follower), I basically joined to beef up my resume.  Any hopes of making friends went out the window after the first session.  I can safely say that I have very little in common with my 9 classmates; not that my friends have to be mirror images of me, I just don't relate to picking out colleges with the children, managing a bank, or being a minister.  The leadership (I feel so smarmy saying that) class toured the hospital system that used to employ me yesterday.  After being asked by several, I so want to believe well-meaning, classmates about why I couldn't just simply apply for a job at that hospital, I finally snapped at around 2pm.  I couldn't stop "because Baptist hospital isn't concerned about the mental health needs of the community, nor it's commitment to it's employees. I would just assume not be lied to at my next job" from tumbling out of my mouth.  So glad our last session is next month. 

The job search has been going on since October, with very few bites.  I did get one bite, from a company that put me through the paces of 8 (yeah. 8.) interviews and A WRITING SAMPLE.  I don't mind naming the company...and I will do so in the next truth filled statements.  Health Integrated blew up my phone for all these interviews with all these various executives and then didn't have the Integrity to call me back with their decision.  Therefore, Health Integrated....you can go to Hell with your blind box ad and your indecisive exectuive staff.  Oh, and furthermore, I was totally going to take that two week training in Tampa and then ditch you guys for something else.  And lastly, the TNCARE clients that you all wanted me to take in to raise, the "expensive" ones, are not studying your "holistic approach to good health".  Phew, I sure feel better!  I promise I don't come off as this snarky during the consideration process...only after the 90 day probationary period.  But, that's that on that.  No job, no prospects, no problem.

It just occurred to me that I haven't petitioned the universe for a job.  I have not thrown my unemployed self down at the mercy of the universe.  There is a reason for that.  Frankly, I don't want a job right this second.  I'm kind of tired.  Also, I am afraid to ask the universe for anything lately.  I have been punk'd by the universe the last several times I bothered asking for anything; so I am going to give it a rest.  God forbid I ask for a "meaningful job" and get stuck with clipping some old dude's toenails so he can walk again.  Third, I really don't want any sort of responsibility right now.  I don't want to manage, advise, counsel, care for, look after, fix, solve, or (big buzzword) initiate.  Honestly, if someone wanted to pay me cash to look after their never shopped at store a couple of hours a day, I'd be all over it. 

This weekend, I am going to see "South Pacific" at The Orpheum.  Kudos to my mother for getting me the Broadway Series Ticket!  I love these chances to put on something nice and escape the stifling issues, if only for a couple of hours.  I wonder who I will get stuck between this time...The Song Singer Alonger Family, or Mr. I Have To Pee Every 10 Minutes.  Either way, it sure beats Mr. Who Says I Can't Make Coffee at Midnight and Ms. Have You Mailed Your Quota Of Resumes Today?

No comments:

Post a Comment