Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Some Random Thoughts

Regarding the new GE commercial...if my coworkers busted out into a spontaneous country line dance during working hours, I'd quit.

Last night, I realized that I didn't eat all my Weight Watchers points for the day. I quickly wolfed down a cup of yogurt and washed it down with a glass of chocolate milk. I have become the Weight Watcher equivalent of Pac Man. Or, Ms. Pac Man.

I have been wearing the same nail polish on my toes since Dec 27. Not a chip to be seen. I am tired of looking at it, but feel too lazy to do anything about it myself.

That Chinese lady who wrote the book about being a Tiger mother has my respect. When did raising your children to mind become controversial?

I was a freshman in college before I learned who Jack LaLanne was. My mother sent me a greeting card for Halloween and it had a green pumpkin on it. The inside of the card made some joke about Jack La'Lantern. I didn't get it. I had to call my mom to explain it to me. There was no cash in the greeting card.

I watched "The Social Network" last week. Meh.

I am going to see "Black Swan" this week. I have to admit, I am a little scared. I feel certain I will see images that will forever be burned into my brain, much like poor Jared Leto's arm amputation in "Requiem For a Dream". Same director. At least this time, I am slightly prepared. I'm no longer an Aronofsky virgin.

I spent this past weekend in Memphis. If I had $635 in my purse, I would have gladly plunked it down for my old Georgian Woods apartment right then and there. Home ownership is over-rated when your home is in the least convenient place ever.

My boyfriend is not a good housekeeper. I feel bad about typing that. But GAH!!

I have a lot of complaints about my job right now that I won't go into. As I prepare to prepare my tax return, I still give a big thanks to the Universe for putting me in this job. My unemployment W-2's serve as a grim reminder of what could happen just when you think healthcare is "where it's at."

It is supposed to snow again tonight. I facking hate the snow.

"Intellidrive". This is the system in development that is supposed to prevent auto accidents, using GPS and WiFi. Cars that that "talk" to other cars and then report back to you with instructions such as "Hit the brakes!" Two things....Number one, this isn't new. I had this in my first car. It was called, "Mom." Second, I think if my car could talk to other cars, that would actually cause auto accidents. "Get in your facking lane you whore!"

Ok, that'll do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment