Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hanging In

The time has come. This is the time of the year, every year, when I get so bogged down in the rinse and repeat cycle of gray days, bitter cold, dark evenings, and fatness. Granted, the weather over the last few days has been lovely, but I know it is just a trick. See? Even my attitude is gray.

I look at the almanac religiously every morning to see when it will start to lift, using history as a guide. I know that last March, around the third week, it was warm enough to wear short sleeves. Of course, the best day of the year (Daylight Savings Time) comes on the second Sunday of March. So, if I can just muddle through until then, everything will be fine.

Until then, I suppose I will hunker down with the remaining hot cocoa packets, the blankets, my running Words With Friends games, and my college hoody and dream about the following:

1. That first Corona of the year, enjoyed on my patio.

2. Petunia planting

3. Washing dishes after dinner and looking out the window over my sink to see that it is still daylight.

4. Driving the rural roads at dusk and not slamming on the brakes at every mailbox, thinking it is a deer.

5. The ease of entry and exit from my car without a fat ass winter coat to hamper my range of motion.

Stay tuned for my "Dear God it is too damned hot I can't wait until Winter" entry in approximately 6 months. The grass is always greener, or browner depending on the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment